Empowering & Delighting Users
What I can do for your company:
- Champion your technology tools & services to its users, exceeding expectations for a positive experience
- Offer exceptional account management/customer success services to agents & brokers: project coordination, launch / implementation planning, onboarding, compelling presentations, demos, coaching, consulting to ensure long-term agent adoption, retention
- Solve problems – identify, assess, educate on & best practices, be a client advocate, communicate cross-department, measure success to prove value
- Be a valued team player, able to wear many hats, leveraging experience at entrepreneurial & Fortune 500 software companies to help increase lead conversions, closed transactions
Differentiating Business Skills
- Polished professional with drive, contagious enthusiasm, strong work ethic, self-motivated, coachable & always learning, loyal, dedicated & passionate about real estate
- Fifteen years’ experience at software companies in account management & business development, complemented by background in sales, marketing & branding
- Eight years in the real estate vertical with extensive knowledge of RE marketing, software platforms for brokers & agents, consumers’ needs, MLS data challenges & trends
- Deep understanding of the digital sales cycle: developing effective digital marketing strategies for inbound leads, content marketing, social, lead capture, engagement/cultivation, detailed tracking in CRM, analytics, metrics
- Savvy business skills: comfortable speaking C-suite language, clear, detailed internal & external communications, presentations, webinars. CRM power user: pipeline management, workflow efficiencies
- Achieved 138% of quota; “Rep of the Quarter” 2x out of 100s of sales reps at Symantec
- Top 1% of QA solution-call scores at Symantec/Veritas
- Consistently exceeded quota, sales competition awards for cold calling at Real Pro Systems
- Increased sales revenues 100% in 3 year period at Mondo Media, helping put the company on the “Top 100 Fastest Growing, Privately Held, Bay Area Companies” four consecutive years
- Bonuses for meeting profit targets on all 8 of my accounts (Fortune 100 companies) at Addison Design
Bus. Dev. & Client Relations Man., Reliance Network – Lake Oswego, OR 2016 – 2017
Full service software developer for real estate companies providing a robust platform that seamlessly integrates MLS data/IDX technology, CRM, CMS websites, email marketing & more. Used by national real estate brands such as RE/MAX & Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, their brokers, manager, sales professionals & their clients.
- Account management & business development for complex software platform for every stage of buyer & seller prospect/client lifecycle management
- Cultivated success for long term retention with regular account meetings, business reviews, integrating the product with their digital marketing strategies; brainstorming & implementation for increased user adoption, & bottom line revenues
- Researched sales prospects, analyze business case drivers, qualify, build & manage an accurate sales funnel
- Customized training, best practices, coaching around lead flow optimization using all aspects of the product
- Used many of the skills gained at Real Pro Systems, listed below
Senior Sales Consultant – Real Pro Systems, Eugene, OR 2007 – 2011
Inside sales for SaaS provider in the real estate industry for Internet marketing tools encompassing all-in-one, semi-custom designed, CMS websites bundled with a suite of lead capture microsites, lead cultivation via email blast, drip capabilities, blog, IDX listings, CRM database, with optional services: SEO, pay-per-click advertising, content creation, Facebook marketing tools, coaching.
- Consistently exceeded aggressive quotas during real estate downturn, won cold calling competitions & regularly earned quarterly bonuses
- Prospected via speaking engagements for associations, trade shows
- Innovated affiliate relationship programs with associations, coaches, trainers, multi-tiered real estate companies
- Detailed, advanced CRM use, managed & reported sales pipeline activities, tracking lead source, marketing effectiveness; wrote guidelines for forecasting, created quotes/invoices
- Developed & maintained content on four demo websites: blog posts, video; conducted product demos, consulted on marketing approaches over webcasts & trade shows
- Addressed each prospect’s unique positioning & needs; matched to best fit via use-case presentations, i.e., “The Life of a Lead” product demonstrations
- Advised, created & implemented creative marketing approaches, sales methodologies; constructed targeted email marketing & webinar campaigns, promotions using database mining techniques
- Provided excellent customer relationship management & support to real estate brokerages, franchises, individual agents.
- Contributed product development ideas, features, working as liaison to communicate customer needs to development team, bug, QA testing, reporting
Senior Sales Consultant, AgencyLogic/Network Earth – Oakland, CA 2004 – 2007
Agency Logic, owned by software developer Network Earth, offers web-based tools to quickly & cost-effectively create single property, comprehensive showcase websites that impress both sellers & buyers. Example: www.123anyst.com
- Inside/outside sales for SaaS providers in the real estate industry for Internet marketing tools
- Presentations at trade shows & to real estate associations such as Women’s Council of Realtors, real estate offices
- Marketing collateral, newsletter creation
Advertising Sales, AdDividers, to Real Estate Agents, Oakland, CA 2001-2004
Account Executive / Sales
Symantec, the global leader in cyber security innovation, helps secure data & defend against cyber attacks. Spun off from Symantec, Veritas offers a portfolio of information management software solutions to improve data availability, gain insights into & leverage value of data.
- Recognized as a trusted advisor to create client success
- Exceeded quota by using creative sales tactics, upselling/cross selling with targeted campaigns, teamwork & channel reps, quarterbacking entire deals, or “passing a lateral”
- Fearless cold caller, prospecting with purpose, researched value propositions, solving industry problems
- Evangelist for business intelligence: CRM (Salesforce), researching prospects, competition, industry trends
Entrepreneurial Company Roles
Multiple Director-Level Positions, Mondo Media San Francisco, CA 1992-2001
Award-winning digital entertainment, design & production studio serving the computer games, online content & advertising industries, culminating in a YouTube channel with over 3 million subscribers. Clients: Microsoft, Intel, Sega, Disney, Activision, Electronic Arts, & others.
Multiple promotions & roles as I helped grow the company through two rounds of investment. Director of: Syndication & Business Development; Marketing & PR; Sales & PR; Business Development.
- Managed successful service business for corporate accounts, almost doubling employee count, then increased sales revenues 100%, helping put the company on the “Top 100 Fastest Growing, Privately Held, Bay Area Companies” four consecutive years
- Collaborated with management to influence company direction, product strategy & positioning
Account Executive, Addison Design San Francisco, CA & New York, NY 1988 – 1992
Business Development/sales, account management for award-winning, international brand identity & print design consultancy with Fortune 500 clients.
I currently provide consulting services to small businesses who want to establish marketing and sales processes and improve conversion rates. Clients’ industries span senior living advisory services to software startups and their brand development, messaging and product positioning.
When I consult with paid clients or volunteer my time serving on boards, I apply my skills to improve communications, reach new constituents by creating a social media marketing strategy and process, increasing engagement, reminding non-profits they need to run like a business and track metrics, advise on software such as CRMs and manage CMS website updates.
Myriad software productivity, sales & marketing tools, CMS websites such as WordPress, industry-specific platforms & plug ins & API integrations, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Dynamics CRM, HubSpot CRM, Jira, Helpspot, Zoho, Insightly, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Exact Target, Constant Contact, MailChimp, WordPress, RainKing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Bugzilla , Zapier, IFTTT, etc. & numerous productivity tools
- Ongoing sales training, business writing
- Communications Design studies at Pratt Institute, New York
Liberal Arts studies at Hamilton College, Clinton, NY (transferred to Pratt)
- Ballroom & West Coast Swing dancing, landscape painting
- Career inspiration – The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation, (M. Dixon)
Excellent references upon request from past business owners, managers.
Excellent references upon request from past business owners, managers.